Wedding Survival Kit | 28 Essential Items Wedding Couples Forget
December 13, 2018 , Advice
A Wedding Survival Kit is a must for your big day. As much as we would love to believe that every wedding will go exactly as planned, that is simply not reality! Every wedding I photograph it seems like the couple could use least a few of these items. There are a ton of things wedding couples have to think of on their big day so it’s easy to forget a few things. Make sure you put together your Wedding Survival Kit at least a week before your wedding day so nothing slips through the cracks.
Wedding Survival Kit
- Heel Stoppers – These are a must if you’ll need to walk across the grass at any point throughout the day. I recommend having a set for every girl in your bridal party as well as yourself. Don’t end up sinking into the ground in your wedding shoes!
- Tide To Go Stick – Keep that dress white!
- Small Sewing Kit – Buttons come off shirts!
- Mints – Keep that first kiss fresh!
- Benadryl – because you just never know! Having an allergic reaction to something on your wedding day could be catastrophic!
- Bobby Pins – It always seems like there are never enough Bobby pins!
- Tissues – For all the reasons!
- Bug Spray – Having an outdoor ceremony during the summer? Bug bites are super annoying and can kill your mood. They also don’t look that great in pictures! Your guests would benefit from this as well if you have some as they arrive at the ceremony.
- Chapstick – No one likes kissing cracked lips! This goes for grooms too!
- Pepcid AC – If you’ll be drinking at all during your wedding day these are great to have on hand. No one wants acid reflux on their wedding day.
- Nail Clippers – Because random hangnails are annoying!
- Hair Spray – When the makeup artist has already headed out and you have that one rebellious hair that is driving you nuts!
- Lint Roller – Because snow looks great on the ground, not on your outfit.
- Sunscreen – Don’t spend your reception in pain because you got burned earlier in the day!
- Blotting Papers – Because you’re human and humans sweat. Sweat is not friends with makeup, and you’ll look shiny in photos. Have your maid of honor or best man have a few of them in case you need one during your portraits etc.
- Clear Nail Polish – Keep those nails looking good! Fix a chip and get back in the action!
- Clear Umbrella – There is always a chance of rain on your wedding day so plan ahead and purchase enough for each bridal party member. Leave all the tags on so you can return them if it doesn’t rain. Make sure you get a clear umbrella like the one I linked to. Do Not buy a “bubble” style umbrella. They will block people’s faces in pictures.
- Baby Powder – Apply as needed when you start to get sweaty. Chaffing isn’t fun.
- Mini First Aid Kit – This is a big one! Your wedding survival kit isn’t complete without one!
- Super Glue – Fix the broken shoe sole, suspenders clasp, etc.
- White Chalk – If you can’t get a small stain out of a wedding dress you can rub white chalk on it! Magic!
- Floss – Because the broccoli from the veggie tray in your bridal suite should stay on the tray or live in your tummy, not in your teeth!
- Phone Charger – Because we all have that one person that just can’t be on time… They can grab the groom’s pants from Paul’s house!
- Tiny scissors – Take care of frayed edges on dresses or get rid of pesky strings.
- Granola Bars – Don’t let yourself get hangry! (Hungry-angry) PS. Drinking on an empty stomach is bad.
- Eye Drops – Bloodshot eyes don’t look good on most people. Clear up those eyes after you shed a few tears.
- Deodorant – Because someone will most likely forget this and you don’t want to smell them all day.
- Pain relievers – For headaches and sore feet after dancing the night away.
So there you have it! The 28 things wedding couples forget. Put together your wedding survival kit and have it ready to go about a week before your wedding day.
If you don’t feel like going out and grabbing everything on our list you are in luck! I found a few premade wedding survival kits on Amazon that include most of what I mentioned.
I have 2 more quick tips for you.
If you haven’t done so already, make sure you sign up for an Amazon Wedding Registry. This is an awesome way to be able to add things you may want or need from any store. It also gives you 10-20% off!
If you don’t already, you may want to get an Amazon Prime Account if you will be ordering a lot of things for your wedding day. Returns are easy and most things have FREE 2-day shipping. Order your wedding survival kit through prime and you’ll get it all FAST.